Thursday 26 May 2011

Praying keeps you standing...

Praying keeps you standing.  I had this revelation many years ago. 

I will never forget that day.  I had lunch with a good friend of mine and something was obviously troubling her.  When I asked her about it, she started crying.  Eventually, she spilled the beans.  She had sinned once again.  That specific sin that she always seem to commit - she has done it again.  She was so angry with herself.  She was supposed to be spiritually strong so how could she have done this yet again?  She felt so bad that she wanted to resign from the worship team.  She didn't even have the courage to pray again.  She had let God down.

While I was trying to console her, God spoke through me.  I can say this with confidence, because what came out of my mouth was revelation to me too!

You cannot stand against that specific sin without God girding up your spiritual legs.  You will never be able to resist it and flee from it without God giving you strength.  You see, we think we must be perfect before we can approach God.  What utter nonsense.  God knows about that sin in your life.  He knows you battle with it.  He knows you are not perfect and you never will be.  Take it one day at a time.  Start everyday with a simple prayer and ask God to keep you standing just for that one day.  Ask Him to keep you out of temptation just for that one day.  Without Him you will never be able to keep standing.

Don't fall for Satan's lies.  Don't flee the presence of God because of your imperfection.  Run into God's presence without delay.

I have no idea who this is for today, but as I am typing, the goosebumps are running up and down my body.  I wasn't planning to blog until late afternoon, but I had to do it NOW.  I didn't plan this.  I didn't think about this.  I just had to be obedient.

Whoever you are, if you need help, get help.  Email me if you need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment