Tuesday 6 September 2011

Peace

I want to share a personal experience with you today, but before I do, read Psalm 29.


Psalm 29
A David Psalm
 1-2 Bravo, God, bravo! Gods and all angels shout, "Encore!"
   In awe before the glory,
      in awe before God's visible power.
   Stand at attention!
      Dress your best to honor him!
 3 God thunders across the waters,
   Brilliant, his voice and his face, streaming brightness—
   God, across the flood waters.
 4 God's thunder tympanic,
   God's thunder symphonic.
 5 God's thunder smashes cedars,
   God topples the northern cedars.
 6 The mountain ranges skip like spring colts,
   The high ridges jump like wild kid goats.
 7-8 God's thunder spits fire.
   God thunders, the wilderness quakes;
   He makes the desert of Kadesh shake.
 9 God's thunder sets the oak trees dancing
   A wild dance, whirling; the pelting rain strips their branches.
   We fall to our knees—we call out, "Glory!"
 10 Above the flood waters is God's throne
      from which his power flows,
      from which he rules the world.
 11 God makes his people strong.
   God gives his people peace.


I was approached by a recruitment agency to apply for a job, which I agreed to.  But from the beginning, my husband and I prayed that God's will be done.  If God wants me in that job, He must open the door for me.  If He doesn't want me there, He must close the door for me.  All we want is to be in His will.  If we live in His will, we live in His blessing.  Outside His will, it's an uphill battle all the time.  So with honest hearts, we gave the matter to God.  I still don't know whether I will get the job or not and quite frankly I don't care.  If I get the job, I know God will help me make a success of it.  If I don't get the job, I will thank God for protecting me.  I cannot describe to you in words the peace I have in my heart about this.

In this Psalm above, the greatness and the awesomeness of our God is proclaimed.  And in the last verse David says God makes us strong, He gives us peace.

I cannot believe I got to this age before really understanding God's peace.  Never again will I sit with a tug of war in my heart about a decision.  I will simply ask God to take over the steering wheel and take me where He wants me.

Do you have a tough decision today?  Are you struggling in your heart with a tug of war?  Give it to God.  He will give you peace.  A peace that is indescribable in words.

No comments:

Post a Comment