Friday 2 September 2011

The Mountain

I am always amazed at God's timing.  The day when I really need encouragement, I get it somehow.  The day I really need to hear something specific, God gets the message to me somehow.  It was like that again last night.

My husband and I bought a book with a 1000 daily Bible study pieces in about two years ago.  We are still busy with the book.  There have been days that we missed but as the book is not date focused, it didn't matter, we just continued where we left off.

I have a mountain in front of me right now.  One that is really making it hard for me to focus on the work I have to do.  A mountain that has managed to somehow steal my hope and my joy.  A mountain that had me in absolute desperation last night.

Last night, the message in the book was just for me.  God knew, that I would skip some days.  He knew when the mountain would stand in the front of me.  The day we bought the book, God knew that last night, I would need to be at that specific message - it was right on time.  Again.

The message is this:  Stop looking at the mountain - look to the One who can move the mountain.

What is your mountain today?

Turn your eyes towards Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of this earthy will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace.

Look to the one who can move your mountain today!

2 comments:

  1. I feel with you and i sympthise,but i need to to tell you this much , the moment you become content enough with what is going on in your life and you can thank God earnestly,that is when the healing comes and God moves the mountain.We need mountains to climb,it makes us spiritually fit,so do not fear that old mountain,climb it and conquer in thE name of Jesus.i Am praying for you for God given strenth. Pastor Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all do have mountains to climb. The great thing about it, what we always forget, is that we don't have to do it alone. God is always with us and will stengthen us if we let Him. Another thing what we forget is that we have love ones on earth. In marriage we are one - we pull together, we suffer together, we uplift each other when it is needed. And the great thing about this is that God brought us together. Your loving husband.

    ReplyDelete