Monday 8 August 2011

A Mary moment in a Martha world...

It's women's day tomorrow.  A day we all celebrate our worth as women.

Unfortunately, there are so many women who don't see themselves as worth much.  Many women feel unappreciated.  Unappreciated by their husbands and unappreciated by their children.  Many women look in the mirror and they don't like what they see.  Many women compare themselves to others and feel so inferior.  If this is you, you need A Mary moment in your Martha world.

Luke 10:38-42
As they continued their travel, Jesus entered a village. A woman by the name of Martha welcomed him and made him feel quite at home. She had a sister, Mary, who sat before the Master, hanging on every word he said. But Martha was pulled away by all she had to do in the kitchen. Later, she stepped in, interrupting them. "Master, don't you care that my sister has abandoned the kitchen to me? Tell her to lend me a hand."

The Master said, "Martha, dear Martha, you're fussing far too much and getting yourself worked up over nothing. One thing only is essential, and Mary has chosen it—it's the main course, and won't be taken from her."


You see, we get so busy and so obsessed with everything in life, that we neglect spending time with the One who created us as unique and beautiful beings.  Make time somewhere in your Women's Day tomorrow, to sit at the feet of your Creator.

Psalm 139:13-16
For you created my inmost being; 
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book
   before one of them came to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment