Friday 5 August 2011

Corinthians 13 for Wives - Women's Day!

If I exercise my freedom to speak my mind and say what I think, but do not have love, I am just a squeaky wheel or a dripping faucet.
If I know the mysteries of how to please a man and the guidelines of a Proverbs 31 wife, but do not have love, I am just going through the motions.
If I submit myself to my husband in total availability, and do not give myself in love, I am but a pitiful marital martyr.
A wife's love is patient with all her husband's "big ideas," adaptable to his preferences, and supportive of his leadership.
The love of a Christian wife does not nag; does not keep a running list of all the times he has hurt her feelings.
It is not provoked when he does not pick up his own things, does not come home when he says he will, or wants to do something at inconvenient times.
In love for her husband a wife will keep herself attractive, join him in his recreational pursuits, and express her admiration for him often.
A wife's love bears all the insensitivities, believes that God will mold the marriage and the man as He desires,
hopes that God will be glorified in what they do, and endures the inevitable marital conflicts (OK - fights!).
All the feminist propaganda will disappear.
All the latest fashion styles will soon be old-fashioned.
All the material things will break down and deteriorate.
Now abides faith in God's sufficiency, Hope for a marriage that glorifies God, but the greatest of these is Love
that puts the other first so as to enjoy God's intent for marriage.

By Jim Fowler

No comments:

Post a Comment