Wednesday 20 July 2011

Be still...

It's one of those days again.  The noise is driving me crazy.  The people are irritating me.  The situation is too much for me.  I have such a deep need for a quiet place.

I have been amazed many times in my life at how my spirit will connect with God without any interference from my brain.  Let me explain - it happened now again.  I was focused on this endless drone in my ears wishing I could just be somewhere else when I started singing the song without thinking about it.


Sometimes I just need to be still
Knowing You will
Reveal Your heart to me
And sometimes I just need to lay back
Knowing You'll take me back
To lean against You again
Sometimes I just need to go hide
In Your bosom so wide
Take me to the place where I'll find true love
Father, let me hold on to You, let me hold on to You

Through the song, I got the calmness I needed.  I know He is holding me.  I know He will reveal His heart to me.  I know when it all gets too much, I can lean against Him again.  With him there is true love.

Lean against God today.  Find a place to become quiet just for a minute or two, while you open your heart to hear His voice.  He will guide you through whatever you are struggling with.

No comments:

Post a Comment