Monday 13 February 2012

What do we sound like?

A while back my husband and I had a discussion about the language used in our home.  Both of us had the inner urge to live a more holy life by correcting our language.  I believe it is Holy Spirit that was convicting both of us at the same time.  And the words we used now and then were not even that bad.  There are quite a few words that I have never said in my life and never will.  Our swearwords were mild compared to other.  Problem is - they are still just swearwords.  Words that we shouldn't use.

We as Christians have a testimony to carry.  That testimony must be visible to every person that we encounter.  Note, I said visible, not audible.  We have to live a life of holiness that will make other people aware that we are blood washed, Spirit filled, children of the Most High God.  They should perceive our holiness and love of Jesus without us trying to convince them.  They must SEE Jesus in us - we should not have to TELL them anything!

Read this scripture:
Ephesians 5:4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.

What do you sound like?  What do people hear when they listen to you?  Do they hear Jesus speaking through you?  Or are there some words in your vocabulary that shouldn't be there?

"Father God, take a coal from the altar, and cleanse my lips, so that my worship to You will be pure".

No comments:

Post a Comment