Thursday 17 March 2011

Co-incidence? I don't think so...

Something is going on.  I am sure about it.  You see I don't believe in fate or co-incidence.  Believing in that means not believing in God being involved in everything.

I have been blogging about THE question for three of four days now.  

What in my day to day living has eternal value?  I am still stuck on it!  There are very few things I can think of to be quite honest.

So yesterday my daughter gets in the car.  Excitedly rambling on about all that has happened in her day.  Oh and she has to play me a song.  It's her new favourite.  I have no idea who sings it - I lost track when I heard the chorus.

"We do too many things that don't mean much".

Bucket of ice water in the face.  Say what?

I get home just in time to leave for house-church.  I am still dumbstruck by how her song confirms my blogging of a few days.  At house-church, I get asked to read a piece of scripture.  Hold on to your chair:

Finally, my brothers and sisters, always think about what is true. Think about what is noble, right and pure. Think about what is lovely and worthy of respect. If anything is excellent or worthy of praise, think about those kinds of things. Do what you have learned or received or heard from me. Follow my example. The God who gives peace will be with you.
Philippians 4:8-9 (New International Reader's Version)

In short: follow Paul's example and concentrate on things that has eternal value.

Ouch.

2 comments:

  1. Hi blessed woman of God

    In hierdie dae het ek ook uitgevind dat daar nie so iets soos toeval bestaan in die lewe van die kind van God wat op Hom vertrou nie. In my moeilike tyd wat sopas verby is, het die Here op wonderbaarlike wyse alles wat Hy vir my in my gedagtes gesê het, bevestig met "toevallighede". Hy het veral die betekenis van mense se name gebruik... interessant nê?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always works out that way... We see or hear the things we are pondering the most. I once was worried about a cetain person in my life who was in trouble and everything I read or heard was about the trouble she was facing. It was really strange. Thus God does speak to us even if it is not in his own voice.

    ReplyDelete